Bicycle Power adaptor for Freerunner

Radek Polak psonek2 at seznam.cz
Tue Feb 17 12:50:15 CET 2009

> Hey all,
> is anybody out there who is using the FR on longer trips for navigation
> and/or geocaching? How did you solve the power problem?
>
> I would love to have an adapter from my hub generator for the
> Freerunner. Should not be too difficult. Something to convert AC to DC
> and then maybe some switching thing to getthe right voltage (DC/DC
> converter or what).
>
> Does anybody have a solution or some hints?
>

> Alex

Hi,
from what i read probably the best way is to convert AC current to DC
and use NiMH batteries for current excess. But my skills in this area are
very poor.

My plan is to use utilize batteries that are inside my front light which is
Hella HL 2000. I didnt have time and wasnt brave enough to try it yet.

Here is links for stuff i found on this topic:

http://activationrecord.net/radekp/openmoko/charger/

Radek