connect freerunner with debian to a windows-PC

Cédric Berger cedric.berger74 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 10:47:35 CET 2009

On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 06:21, Bastian Muck <bastian.muck at gmx.de> wrote:
> Gothnet schrieb:
>> The windows driver seems dodgy. The 5th of december Android image made
>> windows bluescreen when you plugged the FR into a machine with the driver
>> installed.
>>
>> Linux is your friend, though of course that's not always possible.
> I don't know what your problem is. I conected my fr often to my
> Windows XP and never had problems. I tried 2007.X, 2008.X and Qt Extended.

Yes it seems to be broken since kernel 2.6.28 .
Used to even crash windows but openmoko kernel was patched a few weeks
ago. Though it does not crash anymore but still does not work. (broken
in upstream linux kernel)

see
http://docs.openmoko.org/trac/ticket/2211
http://lists.openmoko.org/nabble.html#nabble-td2183476