Safe to move off QtE yet?

Warren Baird photogeekmtl at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 18:14:18 CET 2009

Hey all,

I've been using my FR as my daily phone since installing QtE 4.4.2 on it
some months back.    QtE addressed the biggest problem I had with OM2008.9
at the time - I could reliably answer calls after suspend.

When I was using OM2008.9 I regularly missed calls because the phone would
take so long to unsuspend that I'd miss the call - and if that didn't
happen, I'd accidentally hang up because I didn't think it'd registered my
click on the 'answer' button.

I'm reasonably satisfied with my FR/QtE 4.4.2 solution as a phone - but I'd
love to be able to play with some of the more interesting software being
developed for the FR.

So the question is - are there any other distro's out there that will give
me the reliable call answering that QtE gives me?  Are the unsuspend
problems addressed in 2008.12 with Kustomizer (or with other tweaks?) - or
is SHR a safe bet?

Thanks,

Warren