[Debian]Voice recorder - ecasound --> Help

kimaidou kimaidou at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 12:21:38 CET 2009

Come back here to give some feedback :
1/ to restore one state file, you must specify the complete adress e.g.
alsactl -f /usr/share/openmoko/scenarios/gsmhandset.state restore

2/ I tried once to record via arecord and it worked (no sound because I have
not done the 1/  ). Then I killed it by CTRL+Z
But now I cannot reuse it, the command
arecord -D hw -f cd  -v -t wav ~/rec-$(date +%Y-%m-%d-%H-%M).wav
give the following error :
arecord: main:564: audio open error: Device or resource busy

How can I "de-busy" the audio device ?

Thanks in advance

Kimaidou