Annuncing new Project - Intone mplayer frontend

Risto H. Kurppa risto at kurppa.fi
Fri Feb 20 08:26:20 CET 2009

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 8:51 AM, c_c <cchandel at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>  Well, intone - the media player in making (and it's **really** basic as of
> now), uses 0% CPU (according to HTOP (all my tests are with it). mplayer, in
> a separate thread uses its usual 15% or so.

You need mplayer (of course!) to try this, for 2008.12 you can get it
here: http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Video_Player#Using_the_Glamo_XV_acceleration

cd /home/root
wget http://downloads.tuxfamily.org/3v1deb/openmoko/mplayer-glamo.tar.bz2
tar jxf mplayer-glamo.tar.bz2
cp mplayer /usr/bin/mplayer
mkdir .mplayer
cp input.conf ~/.mplayer/input.conf

and off you go..

Thanks CC, it seems to work okay (and I like that it doesnt' require
all the dependencies that make installing pythm a pain :), well
done!!!
Looking forward to see a 'stable' version with more features and an
installation package in opkg.org (someone could package mplayer to
opkg.org..)