Annuncing new Project - Intone mplayer frontend

c_c cchandel at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 20 09:14:05 CET 2009

Hi,

"Andraž 'ruskie' Levstik" wrote:

> madplay 60-70%
> mpg123 30-40%

 I did see mpg123 and mpc, but I don't know how they will work out on the
neo. OTOH, mplayer does support just about everything out there (including
video). So that's a plus.
 Of course, I'm going to try their reference implementations to see how much
of a gain I get and whether it's worth the effort that will go into
maintaining a full fledged player vs a frontend.

  Could some kernel guru tell me whether the standard toolchain is at all
optimised for the ARM4T? Any ideas on how to make things work faster using
the standard toolchain (I suppose size wont be that much of an issue with
SDHC).