[OM] Less power consumption

Gunnar Aastrand Grimnes gunnar.grimnes at dfki.de
Fri Feb 20 10:36:18 CET 2009

True - but the things that improve is leaking less battery when nothing
happens, either by suspending or turning off things like backlight, gps,
wifi, etc.

What the top poster is asking is when do I get 3 days of GPS tracking -
and I guess the answer is never?

- Gunnar

David Garabana Barro wrote:
> On Friday 20 February 2009 09:43:15 Francesco de Virgilio wrote:
>
>> this is just a little question flogging in my mind since 2008.12 was
>> released: when will we have a lower power-consumption kernel, getting
>> the Neo FreeRunner usable for 3 or 4 days (suspending it frequently)?
>
> You should try FSO 5 or unstable SHR.
>
> With latest unstable SHR image, after 40 hours mostly suspended I had about
> 50% battery.
>
> battery life is improving a lot!

Gunnar Aastrand Grimnes
gunnar.grimnes [AT] dfki.de