Voicenote - new software

kimaidou kimaidou at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 16:08:43 CET 2009

> I'd like to have voice detection so that it records only when I
> talk. I'm sure there is some existing software that does this so
> writing new is not necessary.

It will be harder to do than this because :
* even if the soft exists, I have no knowledge to use it (my coding skill
are very thin, I don't know how to make librairies, signals and all this
type of things communicate
* the environment of the freerunner is ofter noisy
* the process must stay awake in "wait" mode, so it uses CPU.
* the freerunner can receive a phone call

So, my simple voicenote soft will really focus on taking one note at a time,
with the simplest code possible. Could you please tell me in wich context
you will need voice detection ?

Kimaidou