Annuncing new Project - Intone mplayer frontend

Stefan Monnier monnier at iro.umontreal.ca
Fri Feb 20 16:39:17 CET 2009

> files. All that was required was a frontend for it! I know pythm is just
> that, but my Neo uses more than 30% CPU with it. It could be a minor bug -

I'll just remind people here that pythm also works with MPD.  If you use
the MPD backend, it works very efficiently (probably the same as what
you see with your mplayer+intone).

The other advantage of MPD is that you can control it from anywhere
since the communication between the frontend and the backend is over
a TCP/IP connection.  E.g. you can use your FR's pythm as a remote
control for your other machines's MPDs (I have an MPD running on
a small server at home, turning it into a jukebox).

        Stefan