Paroli Testing (Was: Community Updates/February 20, 2009 released)

Scott Petersen scott at slal.net
Fri Feb 20 22:35:19 CET 2009

On Fri, February 20, 2009 05:32, Mirko Lindner wrote:
> - keep on fixing issues in MS2
> - continue working towards MS3
> - get the kbd to match paroli on the image
> - get messaging and contacts up and running as soon as possible to allow
> brave testers to use paroli daily ... any volunteers ? ;)

No need to wait.  I have been using Paroli as my daily phone software on
FSO MS5 for almost 2 weeks. It has been extremely stable. A bunch of
functionality is not there yet but the one basic thing that has "just
worked" is as a phone. Dialing works, answering works, ringing works.

I was updating from GIT daily until a couple of days ago when the package
in unstable became available.  I checked last night and the most recent
package was up to the very last commit in GIT so that synchronization is
working well.

> And again if anyone is interested in helping out with paroli, contribute
> code or test or or or ... Let us know!

I am interested in helping out with the project initially as a tester but
with code in the future as I figure this is a good excuse to learn python.
I haven't to date as there was nothing approachable or interesting enough.

The first thing I want to look at is the scrolling of contacts and
messages. Currently, trying to capture the thumb on the scroll bar is
exceedingly tedious. It will likely take me a couple of weeks to get
productive as I fit this in with the rest of my work and life.

Cheers
Scott Petersen