Need help flashing my freerunner for the first time

Adam Jimerson vendion at
Sat Feb 21 04:42:42 CET 2009

I just got my freerunner today and when I have been trying to flash it with
OM 2008.12 now that it is charged (comparing my Home and the images on the
wiki I don't even think it came with 2007 installed),  according to I should not set up a usb0 connection
but dfu-util doesn't seem to be working with it.  The "dfu-util -l" only
sees it half the time and when I try to backup the Kernel with "dfu-util -a
kernel -R -U good-kernel.img" the freerunner just times out.  The host that
I am using is openSUSE 11.1.