(Qi) Qi or bust?

Paul paul at nlpagan.net
Sat Feb 21 13:02:10 CET 2009

> qi:		qi-s3c2442-...
> kernel:		uImage-2.6.28...
> image:		fso-paroli-image-om-gta02.jffs2
>
> Boot into NOR and connect USB. Then run these commands:

Sander was so kind to provide this information, and at first it looked
that this was actually working. I put qi and the android-files on the
FR. After booting I saw a few messages from Android that something was
not right. I thought that was because the SD-card is not set up the way
it should be, so I then flashed:

qi-s3c2442-master-hist_1665e43677c005a8.udfu
uImage-om-gta02-latest.bin (as uImage.bin)
shr-lite-image-om-gta02.jffs2

Now, after a hard reboot (battery removed), I see:
RCU detected CPU 0 stall
then a lot of errors, ending with an ECC error
A kernel panic that tries to kill init
and then it keeps telling me about CPU 0 stall, until I take out the
battery again.

Have I now terminally murdered my FreeRunner?

--
Boy, if Bill Gates had a nickle for every time Windows crashed....
Oh, wait, he does!

http://www.nlpagan.net
Running on Mandriva Linux 2009 and Ubuntu 8.10