Annuncing new Project - Intone mplayer frontend

c_c cchandel at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 22 04:41:04 CET 2009

Hi,

Fabian Henze wrote:

> If it is in such an early state, you might consider switching to some EFL
> based GUI library ...

  Well, I switched. And here are the problems :-
 1. I could get elementary set up for compiling after about 4 hrs of effort
(getting stuff from the svn, compiling all the libraries etc) on my PC.
 2. The program is up and running on the PC, but now I realise that there
are no dev versions of elementary and its dependencies on FSO. SHR and
openmoko are using older (yet different) versions. Finally got some ipk's
from angstrom - but the linker is giving me errors about
 libelementary.so: undefined reference to `ecore_evas_object_associate'
 libelementary.so: undefined reference to `ecore_evas_object_associate_get'
 libelementary.so: undefined reference to
`ecore_evas_software_wince_gdi_new'
 And this after another day of trying to get the cross-compile environment
for elementary. The only thing left is to get the libraries from svn into
the environment - only then things might not work on the phone.
  For eg - the svn version has sliders and genlists. While the one on the
phone doesn't.
 3. So - I'm back to GTK for now. Need to get some more work done before I
can get back to elementary.

  @ anyone at FSO - Can we have some development libraries for elementary
too?