[FSO] Any luck with bluetooth headsets?

Simon Kagstrom simon.kagstrom at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 10:19:08 CET 2009

On Sun, 22 Feb 2009 16:54:58 +0800
Andy Green <andy at openmoko.com> wrote:

> | I also saw the DAI discussion, but I don't understand the issue well
> | enough to know what to do. It feels like we are very close but not
> | quite there yet.
> As I understand it, the problem with CPU digital audio on BT is that
> there is no routing path in the WM8753 hardware between the two
> digital audio interfaces (CPU and BT).  As in literally it's not
> there in the chip.
> Maybe there's some way to meddle it through the ADC and DAC but other
> than that it doesn't work IIUI.

Hmm... What does this mean then? Is this to say that streaming voice
from the GSM directly to BT isn't possible as described on

? I'm not actually sure what I'm really using, but I suppose that would
be done through the CPU anyway? What could be the reason that outgoing
audio works but not incoming?

IIUI - "If I understand it"? I'm too old for internet vernacular :-)

// Simon