[FSO] Any luck with bluetooth headsets?

Paul Fertser fercerpav at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 10:36:30 CET 2009

Andy Green <andy at openmoko.com> writes:
> As I understand it, the problem with CPU digital audio on BT is that
> there is no routing path in the WM8753 hardware between the two digital
> audio interfaces (CPU and BT).  As in literally it's not there in
> the chip.

Routing audio between SoC and Bluetooth should be possible through HCI
(that is, BT is connected via USB to SoC). The chips shipped in the
Freerunners have default eeprom setting (they call it ps keys) to route
SCO audio (i think that doesn't affect A2DP) over PCM interface. This
setting can be changed but after that one has to issue a special
command every time he wants to route the next SCO communication over
PCM.

Unfortunately, the BT earpiece i have here for testing works only with
laptop for now (with the same bluez), with FR i hear only ambient noice.

> Maybe there's some way to meddle it through the ADC and DAC but other
> than that it doesn't work IIUI.

Doesn't seem it can be possible on Freerunner because both DAIs are
timed fully independently.

mailto:fercerpav at gmail.com