[Debian] Etk gui?

Joachim Breitner nomeata at debian.org
Sun Feb 22 12:24:23 CET 2009

Hi,

Am Samstag, den 21.02.2009, 22:53 +0100 schrieb Marcel:
> I'd at least like to try to build an Etk gui for Pythm. "Problem": I have
> Debian running and don't really want to change that, so I'm wondering if
> there are e17 widget lib(s) available for it. The "minimal etk gui" example
> from the wiki doesn't work since the python module "etk" is missing.
> Zhone doesn't seem to be a usable example for this case since it does all its
> gui using custom graphics (and is not too clearly arranged...).

libetk (the C library) itself is not packaged yet, although it is amost
finished, according to the pkg-e team. (I’ve been saying that for a
while now, right).

When that is done, the python bindings need to be packaged. Other python
e bindings are present, so it should not be difficult, but needs to be
done.

You are best adviced to (politely) tell the pkg-e team that you would be
interested in a python-etk package at
pkg-e-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org, maybe saying what you need it for,
asking if there is anything you can do to help, and thanking them for
their work. You know, in Free Software, motivation is the currency :-)

Greetings,
Joachim

--
Joachim "nomeata" Breitner