[Debian]Voice recorder - ecasound --> Help

kimaidou kimaidou at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 13:30:52 CET 2009

Hi guys

I have a question : why not just pass the good parameters to arecord so that
it recors in 8bit, Mono, 8kHz as :
arecord -D hw -f S16_LE -t wav -c 1 -r 8000 myfile.wav

Then we play it with aplay, and this way :
* no need for speex, so the app is more portable
* less job to do, so the app consumes less battery

What do you think ?