GPS - how to get lat lon and time from a bash script file ?

kimaidou kimaidou at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 14:00:45 CET 2009

Hi,

I am developping voicenote (1), and I would like to implement a new function
: localize each audio note with the gps latitude, longitude and time. Since
I would like the soft to be plateform independant, I ask you to tell me how
can I :
* start gps if it is not
* know when I got a fix
* put the latitude, longitude and time into variables (and why not the
precision too : hdop)
* shutdown gps if it was not up when the script loads (if you think it
should do so)

Thanks for any help.

NB: I am just begining scripting; I know nothing about dbus (only copy paste
some working lines), etc. Please be patient :D

(1) http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Voicenote

Kimaidou