(SHR) again

Francesco de Virgilio fradeve11 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 17:01:28 CET 2009

Klaus Kurzmann ha scritto:
> * Francesco de Virgilio <fradeve11 at gmail.com> [090222 15:42]:
>> Paul ha scritto:
>>> My Freerunner, using U-boot, is happily running the latest SHR-Lite.
>>> And it is really good, I think! Nice, works with the phone quite well,
>>> and responds really snappy.
>>>
>>> Me happy again.
>>> Thanks for all the help!
>>>
>>> Paul
>>>
>> Same here! SHR unstable it's fantastic, stable and really usable as a
>> daily phone.
>> Just one problem: I've a cheap BL-5C battery which works like a charm
>> with all my nokia phones, but with the Neo FreeRunner is not recognized.
>> That battery with OM 2008.12 doesn't show any info with apm, but worked ok.
>
>> On SHR unstable, even with the battery fully charged and connected to
>> USB, after 5 minutes, SHR autonomously power off the phone. I set all
>> the values in Settings -> Power Management to "-1", but nothing.
>
>> Any hint?
> current frameworkd has a rule to poweroff when the battery is empty...
> Try to disable it in /etc/freesmartphone/oevents/rules.yaml... it is:
>
> -
>     trigger: PowerStatus()
> 	 filters: HasAttr(status, "empty")
> 	 actions: Command('poweroff')
>
> just comment those four lines out and reboot. Thats just my guess
> though... not sure about it.
>
> mrmoku

Thanks, I'll try :) Another question: it seems that fso-gpsd is on when
the system is powered on, because if I try "/etc/init.d/fso-gpsd"
terminal answers me that it's already running.
I use GPS only sometimes, so GPS should be powered off at startup, also
to avoid the battery draining.
In the same time, which is the role of SHR Settings Manager -> Others,
when it default says: "GPS radio policy = Auto"? The GPS chip is on or
off? And if I act from Settings Manager, my settings will be lost on
reboot? If I set them to "Manual" and then I select "Off", it seems that
on reboot it switches again on "Auto"... frustrating :(

How could I proceed to power off GPS on startup?

Thanks
- --
Francesco de Virgilio
*Ubuntu-it Member and Wiki Editor*
   mailto:fradeve at ubuntu-it.org
   http://wiki.ubuntu-it.org/FrancescoDeVirgilio
*Wikimedia Italia Member*
   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Fradeve11
*OpenStreetMap Mapper*
   http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/Fradeve11
*Blog*
   http://fradeve.netsons.org
		"Love - Peace - Freedom - Free Software"
GPG 0x6482E056 (FP B996 A12C BD52 2A9B CDD3 812D 462D 93B0 6482 E056)