GUI for SHR fast charge mode: possible?

Joel Newkirk freerunner at
Sun Feb 22 19:20:05 CET 2009

On Sun, 22 Feb 2009 17:37:36 +0100
Francesco de Virgilio <fradeve11 at> wrote:

> as in the topic name, I've flashed SHR unstable and noticed that the
> GUI I used to open on OM 2008.12, with SHR doesn't work
> anymore, showing the following error:

SHR unstable (and FSO MS5) use 2.6.28 series kernels, and the sysfs
structure has been rearranged:

> IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
> '/sys/devices/platform/bq27000-battery.0/power_supply/bat/capacity'

> IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
> '/sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-0073/charger_type'

(I think...)

> IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory:
> '/sys/devices/platform/bq27000-battery.0/power_supply/bat/voltage_now'

> For me the fast-charging mode is really important to use the Neo in my
> car, which adaptor for default provides only 100 mhA. Is there a way
> to set quickly fast-charge mode on SHR unstable?

Note that these are not the only paths that will work, as there are a
buttload of symlinks within the sysfs structure such that some of these
will appear at several different points under /sys/.  But the original
paths from the 2.6.24 kernel won't work.  What I've listed here are
(AFAIK) the shortest paths to each of these four.