(Qi) Qi or bust, or: what do I do wrong?

roguemoko at roguewrt.org roguemoko at roguewrt.org
Tue Feb 24 01:12:40 CET 2009

Paul wrote:
> Richard Guest wrote:
>> What do you have on the SD card?
>> Qi tries to boot kernels from the the first three partitions on SD
>> first...
>
> On the SD-card there's not much. A few directories with small stuff.
> I read on the wiki that Qi first tries to boot from the first 3
> partitions on the card and after that from flash memory. It's the latter
> that does not seem to work quite that well, at least on my FR.
>
> When I feel adventurous again (and I have more time again), I may play
> with it some more.

Well when you do, remove your SD card first. I'm almost positive you
would have at least been able to boot otherwise.

When you have it booting with no SD card, then try adding the card etc.

 From what you have said, it sounds like Qi is having issues probing the
SD card and isn't moving on to the flashed kernel. This is one reason I
don't use Qi. I can't quite get the timing right for skipping partitions
  and nearly always forget to even try.

My problem can be fixed with a few text files though :)

Sarton