Need help flashing my freerunner for the first time

roguemoko at roguewrt.org roguemoko at roguewrt.org
Tue Feb 24 01:41:18 CET 2009

Adam Jimerson wrote:
> I got it to show up and I started to back it up but the phone shut off
> for being in NOR boot for about 30 minutes, the Freerunner is the only
> USB device connected to my computer and I did try other ports before
> getting it to work.

I think this can be distro related as I've never had issues, even with
many devices connected to usb. I use archlinux.

When you say 'backup', if you mean you were backing up the existing
flash then I wouldn't bother, especially if it's not working properly
anyway.

Flashing the FR should only take ~10min. The u-boot timeout only applies
when idle, so make sure your battery is well charged.

When I have had issues, it has related to the usb cable, so maybe try
another. Also, it may be worth identifying the ID of the FR and
submitting it to dfu-util.

Outside of that, maybe try a different version of dfu-util.

Good luck.

Sarton