GPS emergency call standards

Lothar Behrens lothar.behrens at lollisoft.de
Tue Feb 24 16:44:20 CET 2009

Even if the GPS location is not actually got, the phone software in
that case
could activate GPS automatically. When GPS has a fix the app could
assist in
taking another call or, if no reaction of the user do it automatically.

Navit could be used to locate the city and street near the location
and this could be
spd-say'ed.

The human in danger then only has to accept to do the followup call,
nothing more.
In case all is fine he/she could dismiss.

Doing all the combination of locating and navit, will help in the
typical situation
one isn't really in the position to 'think' about what to tell to the
operator.

There are several articles and at least one I have read or have seen
about doing
emergency calls in carcrash for sample with the car - GPS application.

Would that help ?

Lothar

-- | Rapid Prototyping | XSLT Codegeneration | http://www.lollisoft.de
Lothar Behrens