HELP: sim card not registering...

David Pottage david at
Tue Feb 24 21:55:55 CET 2009

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 21, 2009 at 09:25:50PM +0000, Rui Miguel Silva Seabra wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I'm switching operator and today I got m y new sim card. The current one
>> will stop working in a few work days, so I'm desperate (YES, I use
>> the Freerunner as my main day to day phone): it's not registering.
>> I followed these instructions and they worked flawlessly:
>> Where this not enough?
>> Where this not correct even though it worked?
>> Please help...
> Well, a Nokia and an Ericcsson phone don't load it either so maybe the
> SIM card is borked. Ah well...
I had a similar situation where a prevously working SIM card stopped
working in any phone, after being left in a Freerunner for about a month.

Is it possible that the Freerunner is somehow destroying SIM cards
(heat, over voltage etc?)

The SIM card had previously worked fine in three different Nokia phones,
then I put it in my Freerunner, and used it successfully for some calls
and text messages. I then got busy with other things so I left my
Freerunner on charge but not in use for about a month. After this period
I found that the SIM card no longer worked in any phone.

In my case, my operator (Orange UK) was happy to send me a replacement.

David Pottage