[2008.12] Enlightenment doesn't want to run anymore

roguemoko at roguewrt.org roguemoko at roguewrt.org
Wed Feb 25 01:37:00 CET 2009

Flyin_bbb8 wrote:
> here's the original mail " i installed were pythm , mplayer then i
> uninstalled them, after a reboot the screen shows
>
> "starting atd daemon:atd."  last thing and nothing after, i tried
> running /etc/init.d/xserver-nodm start, and looked at log in /tmp/x.log
>
> #  RUN INIT: /usr/bin/enlightenment_init '/usr/share/enlightenment/
> data/init/illume_init.edj' '1' '0' 'Enlightenment' '0.16.999.050'
> #  Segmentation fault
> #  ESTART: 1.77762 [0.95707] - test file format support
[...snip...]
> #  run-parts: /etc/X11/Xsession.d/90xXWindowManager exited with code 1011
> and no i only added angstrom repo to install mplayer then removed it , i
> wonder what 1011 exit code means?
> # run-parts: /etc/X11/Xsession.d/90xXWindowManager exited with code 1011

Unfortunately I don't have the time to trace your error. This is
probably a question only a dev could answer or someone with intimate
knowledge of rc components.

My best guess would be that either your config is causing a problem
(something along the lines of rm -r ~/.e may fix ... or maybe more
xserver specific configs) or something from angstrom was pulled in and
not removed or overwritten. If you are getting a segfault then the
latter is probably more likely.

In the end, when playing with repositories outside the control of OM,
you have to be prepared to reflash or delve deep to clean up the mess,
if one occurs.

Good luck!

Sarton