Lack of structured information

Filip Onkelinx filip at linux4.be
Wed Feb 25 08:41:18 CET 2009

Hi ,

Andy, thanks for pointing me in to the mailing list archive. I've updated
the wiki page to include that info and a reference to your post. That's
part of the info I was looking for, it might be a good idea to always
copy&paste that kind of information into the wiki, or just provide a link
to it in the future. (not to blame you at all, but unfortunately the word
sysfs was not mentioned in it, else I would probably have found it earlier
when searching the archives)

I really appreciate the efforts made by all of you, but to me, an outdated
page is worse than no doc. And I also remember how a lot of people
complained/ranted because there is/was no glamo doc available, just want
to prevent happening this again for things which are under OM's control
and possible to document.... And I'm ocnvinced that with very little (or
virtual no) additional effort (like auto-generated changelogs) the
existing information can be made more accessible to all people trying to
contribute.

I also understand that .28 is not yet adopted by any official distro, but
if I was just trying to use any of the official distro's I probably
wouldn't need this info. I'm trying to roll my own stuff (one of those is
debian based, .28 kernel and QtExtended on top, but possibility to switch
to X and back to QtE ; another one is application specific/vertical
market).

thanks again for all the efforts, and keep up the good work.

cheers,

Filip.