Monologue - very simple dictation assistant

Francesco de Virgilio fradeve11 at
Wed Feb 25 16:24:49 CET 2009

Timo Juhani Lindfors ha scritto:
> Hi,
> since I could not find any existing software to do what I need I wrote
> my own:
> records audio only when you talk. It's very early version so don't
> expect much. I hope to be able to use it dictate notes and use it with
> at least openstreetmap.

Hi Timo,
first of all, thanks for your software.

I've an observation: I'm also very interested in OpenMoko software for
mapping on OpenStreetMap: your idea is really great.
Voicenote developer is working (I suppose) on a GPS-correlation support
for his software, to use georeferred notes on OSM mapping sessions.
Mattias Felsche is working to turn the Neo into a dictaphone, with a
python script.

In future, we'll probably have
- - a software which records audio only on speaking
- - a software which records geo-referred audio files
- - a software which act as a dictaphone

Now, I respect everyone's work, I respect the *great* idea of Free
Software as freedom to develop, but could all these ideas be merged into
one? It'll be great to have a single application for OpenStreetMap
mappers which does *all* this things, possibly configurable.

My 2 cents :)
- --
Francesco de Virgilio
*Ubuntu-it Member and Wiki Editor*
   mailto:fradeve at
*Wikimedia Italia Member*
*OpenStreetMap Mapper*
		"Love - Peace - Freedom - Free Software"
GPG 0x6482E056 (FP B996 A12C BD52 2A9B CDD3 812D 462D 93B0 6482 E056)
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)