GTA03 Touchscreen Capacitive (was Re: OT: iPhone howto)

Sean McNeil sean at mcneil.com
Thu Feb 26 08:03:13 CET 2009

Matthias Apitz wrote:
> El día Wednesday, February 25, 2009 a las 06:36:31PM +0100, Yorick Moko escribió:
>

>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Touchscreen#Resistive
>> vs
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Touchscreen#Capacitive
>>

> Thanks;
>
> But: Do we really want a GTA03 which can't be managed with a stylus pen?
> I can't imagine a 'Terminal' like keyboard (i.e. one having all keys
> like the actual Om2008.9 'Terminal', including Shift, SHift-Lock, ...)
> and using it with my finger tips; how should this work? Where this idea,
> GTA03 with Capacitive, comes from? :-((
>
> 	matthias

What do you mean? You can get a stylus that works with capacitive touch
screens:

http://songtak.manufacturer.globalsources.com/si/6008826112271/pdtl/PDA-styli/1006246576/Touch-Pen.htm

Just about all phone manufacturers are going to capacitive screens as
they virtually eliminate accidental touches in something like a purse or
pocket. Calibration used to be an issue, but resistive screens are made
with pretty good tolerances now and don't often need recalibration once
manufacturing goes into mass production.

How a keyboard works with the iPhone is it expands a key on touch, lets
you slide your finger if you missed the right one, then types in when
you release.