GTA03 Touchscreen Capacitive (was Re: OT: iPhone howto)

Steve " 'dillo" Okay armadilo at roadknightlabs.com
Thu Feb 26 09:18:43 CET 2009

On Feb 26, 2009, at 09:01 , Matthias Apitz wrote:

> El día Thursday, February 26, 2009 a las 08:46:54AM +0100, Pander
> escribió:
>
>> Steve " 'dillo" Okay wrote:

> No, I've never used an iPhone, and I will not.
> Have you ever used the Terminal of the Moko to keyin UNIX commands?

Yes, I have, and the keyboard needs some work. I've had a GTA02 for
about 3 weeks now and the keyboard needs some help.
The predictive keyboard is pretty unusable with the 'Terminal'
program so you need to use the Terminal Keyboard which is much smaller.
The keyboard doesn't have to be huge, but a few more pixels on either
side would make it much more usable.
I'm quite familiar with the UNIX command-line, but typing in things
like shell script one-liner or dbus commands is quite painful.
You can still use your finger with the touch screen by tapping on the
screen, but that's pretty inaccurate.
What might make a nice option would be a larger keyboard you could
wrap around your wrist that would connect to the FR via Bluetooth.

----Steve