[SHR] Suspend / Resume speed

"Marco Trevisan (Treviño)" mail at 3v1n0.net
Thu Feb 26 18:08:54 CET 2009

Florian Hackenberger wrote:
> I noticed that suspending / resuming on 2008.12 is quite fast compared
> to SHR. The difference which is most noticeable is that SHR switches to
> a virtual terminal before and right after suspending, as opposed to
> 2008.12 which resumes right into X. Is there a way to replicate this
> behaviour on SHR? I suspect that we could save at least a second of
> resume time, because printing and scrolling a few hundred lines of
> kernel log in addition to the mode switches takes a bit of time.

Check your uboot commandline loglevel value... It highly impacts on the
suspend/resume time. I've set it to 3 (but some time ago was set by the
system to 8, and I had to wait more than 6-7 seconds to wake the phone,
while it generally takes just 1-2 secs).

Those commands in the uBoot shell should do the work:
setenv bootargs roofstype=ext2 root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 console=tty0
console=ttySAC2,115200 loglevel=3
setenv bootargs_base rootfstype=jffs2 root=/dev/mtdblock6
console=ttySAC2,115200 console=tty0 loglevel=3

--
Treviño's World - Life and Linux
http://www.3v1n0.net/