Tip: make a fingertip stylus from a business card

Warren Baird photogeekmtl at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 19:05:44 CET 2009

I figured out this trick quite a few years back to use on a palm 3 - but I
just tested it out and it works quite well on an FR, so I thought I'd share
it.

Take a standard sized business card (ideally of relatively thin card stock)
- hold it in 'portrait' position.  Fold the bottom right corner up to the
left side of the card, and then fold and tear-off the top portion of the
card.   The idea is to make the largest square possible with the card.

Once you have the square, follow the standard origami instructions for a
paper cup - I followed :
http://www.tinyshiny.com/HowToProjects/OrigamiCup.php - but the same basic
design is all over the place.  Card stock isn't as forgiving to fold as
paper, so you'll have to be careful making your folds.   With a thick card
stock it might not be doable.

place the cup over your finger tip and use one of the two base corners of
the cup as the tip of a stylus.

Or make two of them and put them on each thumb to make thumb typing much
easier.

Hope this is useful to someone.

Warren