GTA03 Touchscreen Capacitive (was Re: OT: iPhone howto)

"Bernd (Jesus McCloud) Prünster" bernd.pruenster at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 19:38:03 CET 2009

Simon Kagstrom schrieb:
> While I'd like a capacitive touch screen for GTA03, I'm pretty sure
> that Openmoko has already made up its mind for one of the solutions and
> I don't think we can change it here. I'm fine with that.
>
> On Thu, 26 Feb 2009 17:45:10 +0000
> Rui Miguel Silva Seabra <rms at 1407.org> wrote:
>

>> However the following are what makes a resistive screen clearly
>> better, for me and my usage:
>>
>> FEATURE	             CAPACITIVE	              RESISTIVE
>> CAN use stylus          NO(1)                   YES
>> CAN use finger          YES                     YES
>> Stylus is OPTIONAL      N/A(1)                  YES
>> Has PRECISION		NO			YES
>>

> There are other features which other people will value more. For me,
> scratch-resistance is important for example - which is easier to get
> with capacitive touch screens.
>
> // Simon

a little OT, but... why have you folks been waitong for so long to
discuss/complain about that it's been in the wiki for weeks(months?)?
i mean regarding finger input and the like... capacitive is lightyears
ahead, but the openmoko phones are portable computers with integrated
modem (talking about debian**) and i a have to choose between carrying a
mouse an kdb aound or carrying a tiny stylus around, i'd go for the stylus.
as a daily phone, capacitive is  way more comfortable, but i've been
using my moko as a daily phone with no problems and no sytlus either
since november.

a phone for the general public is better off having a capacitive
touchscreen PERIOD.