[All] qwo: a fast and fingerfriendly input method

Christoph Siegenthaler csi at gmx.ch
Fri Feb 27 00:14:23 CET 2009

Hi List

I made some first trials with qwo [1&2] today and have to say that I'm
really impressed, that's exactly what I was looking for! Give it a try!

As I missed a few things (mainly Umlaute, try writing swiss-german w/o them
;) I thought about posting my "~/.qworc" here in case you'd need them too.
You can find all the necessary files below the links. This gives you normal
and capital Umlaute and french accents on the same fields as the basic chars
are (é,è,ê when starting on e, öÖô when starting on o and so on)
You know how to reach me if questions should come up!

Best regards, Chris

[1] http://www.nongnu.org/qwo/
[2] http://www.opkg.org/package_84.html

root at om-gta02:~# cat .qworc
# Sample config file for qwo
# You can define a custom keyboard layout here

charset = (
# Definitions for the first region, the first one is going to the previous
# region and back, the second one to the next one and back before going back
# the center region
# Definitions for the second region, including characters for a motion of
two
# regions
# 1 2 3
# 8    4   <- Middle, "this number", to the left/right, back to "this
number", back to middle
# 7 6 5
# "one left", "one right", "two left", ...
[ "adiaeresis", "agrave", "Adiaeresis", "ccedilla" ],
[ "eacute", "egrave", "ecircumflex" ],
[ ],
[ ],
[ "odiaeresis", "Odiaeresis", "ocircumflex" ],
[ ],
[ "udiaeresis", "Udiaeresis", "ugrave" ],
[ ]
);

# geometry = "+100+100";
root at om-gta02:~# cat .xmodmap