[SHR] Suspend / Resume speed

W.Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Fri Feb 27 09:20:56 CET 2009

On Thu, 2009-02-26 at 22:31 +0100, Florian Hackenberger wrote:
> On Thursday 26 February 2009 18:08:54 Marco Trevisan (Treviño) wrote:
> > Check your uboot commandline loglevel value... It highly impacts on the
> > suspend/resume time. I've set it to 3 (but some time ago was set by the
> > system to 8, and I had to wait more than 6-7 seconds to wake the phone,
> > while it generally takes just 1-2 secs).
>
> Thanks, that solved it! I documented this fact in the FAQ:
> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/FAQ#Why_is_resuming_from_suspend_so_slow
>
> Cheers,
> 	Florian

This does make a huge difference! - wow! - I used to fail to answer
calls because they had almost rang out by the FR resumed.

The test I just did had the ring almost coincident with the ring tone in
the calling phones hand piece!

But ... how can I make it permanent? - I issue "saveenv" and it seems to
do so, but if I power off and reboot its gone :(

BillK