[QtExtended] Report on 4.4.3 src on FSO

Tomas Riveros Schober triveros at enable.cl
Fri Feb 27 12:40:20 CET 2009

Glen Ogilvie escribió:
> On Sunday 22 February 2009, Tomas Riveros Schober wrote:
>
>> as some might have noticed, I've been struggling with my efforts to
>> build QtExtended on FSO as specified on mwester's page[1]. Today I've
>> been successful on building the whole pack of stuff and run it on my
>> neo.
>>
> ---CUT--
>
>> If anyone wants to try it, I can upload the whole set of images
>> somewhere, or maybe a full backup of my phone so people can try it for
>> themselves (just please notice that this is highly experimental and
>> probably not very well built)
>>

> Hi Tomas,
>
> Do you have a tar.gz of QtExtended 4.4.3 on FSO with echo fixed?  I'd like to
> try it, as am looking for something that I can use as an everyday OS for my
> open moko.   What kernel are you running with it?  does supend and resume
> work without any issues?
>
> Regards
> Glen Ogilvie

Yes, I believe the backup i uploaded to
http://triveros.go.dyndns.org/qtopia/ should be echo-free. However, I do
not remember which kernel is that one using - probably om-testing 2.6.24
(and the backup should have the modules installed too). Also, this is an
internal backup, not one to put on your SD card.
You probably would prefer to use the following method to get an updated
rootfs.
get a FSO "console" image and its kernel (use 2.6.24, not 2.6.28 or you
will get weird issues with everything, especially suspend/resume), then
blast a qtextended tarball to it (i have a 4.4.3 snapshot built on that
same address, it's called qtefso.tgz) and then apply the echo patch from
http://www.csamuel.org/2009/01/08/echo-suppression-fix-for-qt-extended-442-on-openmoko-neo
I believe that 4.4.2 and 4.4.3 are binary-compatible so it should pose
no problem to use it.

good luck!
Tom