simultaneous multiple audio sources and destinations

C R McClenaghan chris at mcclenaghan.com
Fri Feb 27 18:25:13 CET 2009

All,

I'm aware of at least one phone(i) where the audio capability on the
device is prioritized to voice calls and the audio runs as a singleton
process such that you cannot have the option to  have simultaneous
voice call and media player sound routed to headset or switch between
them.

Is this the case with Freerunner? Does anyone know about other devices
and whether they are similarly restricted or not - Symbian,
Blackberry, Android, etc.?

I am aware of PJSIP and it's local bridge capability as a potential
example of what I'd like to do - sort of a peer to peer conference
application with local media server rather than network based.

Thoughts or comments welcomed.

Chris