GUI responsiveness (was Re: SHR first impression : it's slow ?)

robert lazarski robertlazarski at
Fri Feb 27 19:13:39 CET 2009

On Fri, Feb 27, 2009 at 11:35 AM, The Rasterman Carsten Haitzler
<raster at> wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Feb 2009 11:31:43 +0100 Helge Hafting <helge.hafting at> said:
>> Joel Newkirk wrote:
>> When I try to impress people with the FR, I show them cool apps like
>> linball. Not the icon interface. It is not that hot anyway - and
>> slowness is simply bad.
> if i want to impress i do not show them a freerunner. i show them something
> with much better hardware :)

You mean like this?

Its not opensource, but still impressive and far beyond anything FR is
dreaming of I'm afraid.

BTW, see you soon in porto de galinas :-) .

- R