[Om2008.9] Spanish Illume keyboard (was: Call for Illume keyboardsand keyboard icons)

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Thu Jan 1 13:42:14 CET 2009

El día Thursday, January 01, 2009 a las 12:26:57PM +0100, Juan Lucas Dominguez Rubio escribió:

> Hello, Matthias. Thanks for that Spanish keyboard. I have no idea why you have that strange behavior. The only differences I see between your new row at the top and the other rows are:
>
> - it does not begin at x = 0,
> - it does not reach the right border of the keyboard
> - it does not follow the honeycomb model:
>
> http://w3.antd.nist.gov/wctg/netanal/honeycomb.gif
>

> I would copy one of the existing rows (for example "[TAB] Q W E R T Y ... ") and then set the y coordinate value to zero and see what happens.

Hola,

I followed your hint and copied over the "[TAB] Q W E R T Y ... " as
first row (changing the y coordinate to zero) and it works fine, in
'normal' and 'caps' mode, as you may see here:

http://www.sisis.de/~guru/OMkbd/Screenshot-23.png

Then I changed the chars to the Spanish tilde chars, for example:

key  45  0  30  30
  normal   ¿  questiondown
  shift    ?  question
  capslock ?  question
key  75  0  30  30
  normal   á  aacute
  shift    Á  Aacute
  capslock Á  Aacute

and so on, letting there the remainin chars, as you see in

http://www.sisis.de/~guru/OMkbd/Screenshot-24.png

as before, the 'normal' keyes are working as they should, the 'caps'
keyes give wrong result; if one only HUP the 'enlightenment' processes,
the result is more or less random, if one starts the Xserver new, the
result stays in the small letter;

I think there is a bug in interpreting the file (or the values like
'Eacute', ...), and for the moment we
have to live with "letras minúsculas" (small letters) only for the moment;

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz
Manager Technical Support - OCLC GmbH

SPAMer of the year: Subject: Alle Software ist Deutsche Sprachen