[Om2008.9] Spanish Illume keyboard (was: Call for Illume keyboardsand keyboard icons)

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) raster at rasterman.com
Fri Jan 2 11:00:36 CET 2009

On Fri, 2 Jan 2009 07:21:52 +0100 Matthias Apitz <guru at unixarea.de> babbled:

ok for some bizarre reason.. you've hit on some sscanf parsing bug. either i
need a spank for not understanding it... or it has problems with utf8 char
sequences that it didnt have with the numbers.kbd. as soon as it sees the
accute accent chars it doesnt bother doing anything right.

             if (sscanf(buf, "%*s %4000s", label) != 1) continue;

skips the "normal/shift/capslock" identifier and goes to find the label string
- skipping whitespace between. or it SHOULD and scan up to 4000chars (silly
high limit) for the label  it gets even this wrong and starts to return garbage
strings like delete char. all in all it ends up producing some nasty garbage
that then gets fed into the stringshare db... and its only on the keys you
added. the rest parses fine (the Numbers.kbd). despite this also having utf8
char sequences. so right now.. i really am a bit baffled as to why - but there
is some parsing/sscanf issue i have to hunt down - or work around.

(yes - i used scanf to parse... i was feeling lazy!). but as such your extra
keys on top SHOULD look like this:

key  45    0  30  30
  normal   ¿  "¿"
  shift    ¿  "¿"
  capslock ¿  "¿"
key  75    0  30  30
  normal   á  "á"
  shift    Á  "Á"
  capslock Á  "Á"
key 105    0  30  30
  normal   é  "é"
  shift    É  "É"
  capslock É  "É"
key 135    0  30  30
  normal   í  "í"
  shift    Í  "Í"
  capslock Í  "Í"
key 165    0  30  30
  normal   ñ  "ñ"
  shift    Ñ  "Ñ"
  capslock Ñ  "Ñ"
key 195    0  30  30
  normal   ó  "ó"
  shift    Ó  "Ó"
  capslock Ó  "Ó"
key 225    0  30  30
  normal   ú  "ú"
  shift    Ú  "Ú"
  capslock Ú  "Ú"
key 255    0  30  30
  normal   ü  "ü"
  shift    Ü  "Ü"
  capslock Ü  "Ü"
key 285    0  30  30
  normal   ¡  "¡"
  shift    ¡  "¡"
  capslock ¡  "¡"

pretty simple - and it'd work. if there wasnt this bizarre parsing thing. the
other keys in Numbers.kbd work fine... so i'm rather bemused...

The Rasterman (Carsten Haitzler)    raster at rasterman.com