(FSO) Milestone 4 only prompts

qhaz qhaz at bur.st
Fri Jan 2 17:01:13 CET 2009

Paul-8 wrote:

> Hello folks
>
> I flashed
>
> uImage-2.6.24+r10+gitr6e2a723ef54ee2e739c34786981b2c508db803c1-r10-om-gta02.bin
>
> and
>
> openmoko-fso-illume-image-glibc-ipk--20081120-om-gta02.rootfs.jffs2
>
> using the Neotool. FSO boots, shows me a nice ascii-art Angstrom and a
> login-prompt. From there it just sits quietly until I pull out the
> battery. I also can't ssh into it, as there's "no route to host'. Using
> QT, ssh works.
>
> Is there something I need to say or do? Wave parsley over it while
> chanting or so?
>
> Paul
>
> --
> Until you've lost your reputation, you never realize
> what a burden it was or what freedom really is.
> -Margaret Mitchell
>
> http://www.nlpagan.net
> Running on Mandriva Linux 2009 and Ubuntu 8.10

Hi Paul, I've installed and am using these same images you mentioned without
problems.  The only thing I did notice was after the ascii-art Angstrom
thingy when the screen goes dark . . . wait.  It seems to take ages,
especially if you've used the om2008.12 images!  Only suggestion is keep
waving that parsley . . .