[GTA01 Qi] doku fuckup and SD-Boot problems

Tilman Baumann tilman at baumann.name
Fri Jan 2 21:15:48 CET 2009

George Brooke wrote:
> On Friday 02 January 2009 19:40:00 Tilman Baumann wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have just flashed Qi and have two questions.
>>
>> First, http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Qi clearly states that the boot
>> menu via power+aux will still work.
>> I was sceptical about how that should work since gta01 has no NOR flash.
>> But I trusted the source. Needless to say that there is no boot menu!
>> Am I right in assuming that the wiki is just BS  in this regard?
>> If that is so, I like to change the text to warn others.
>
> Maybe just to warn people that its not true on the gta01.
> I have a feeling that you may need a debug board to restore a uboot in order
> to flash a new rootfs (I may be wrong though).

That would be bad. But I can probably write it back from my running
system. My phone still boots from internal flash.
But I have no idea how I should do this right now. (no block dev, mtd
tools?)

And I'm not shure if I will. I will stick with Qi when SD-Boot works.
That would be a easy fallback if things go wrong.