Car Charger?

Gothnet openmoko at
Sat Jan 3 21:35:24 CET 2009

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra wrote:
> Not looked for one yet, but it has to have a DC Output from 3.7V 2A
> (battery written value) to 5V 2A (IIRC).
> Thanks to someone on IRC who helped me with this info, and don't ask me
> for more since I know almost nothing of electronics :)
> Rui

Thanks for that, from a quick search around (using 5V 2A as terms) it looks
like there might be a few options for that. There are a couple of things
that give you a power-only USB-A slot to plug devices into, or there are
chargers designed for other phones that use mini USB:

Hmmm. Might have to try, they're fairly cheap.

To the others saying "buy an inverter", it is a good idea, and I will be
travelling with a laptop too, but... it just seems wrong. Converting 12V DC
to AC via an inverter and then back to 5V DC for the device can't be that