(OM2008.12) Blackness

William Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Mon Jan 5 00:04:16 CET 2009

Go into settings and turn suspend off. When suspended, you should just
have to push the power button briefly and it will come out of suspend -
however it rarely did for me, and even if it did it was broken requiring
a reboot anyway.

Install the illume theme (see wiki) and use the "wrench" illume settings
app to set blanking and suspend up properly. Forget the standard asu
theme ...

Most of the distros are close to useless unless you spend time tuning
and fixing things - swapping distros like you mention wont tell much :)

BillK

On Sun, 2009-01-04 at 14:40 +0100, Paul wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I know, I am going through distro's like crazy, but that's how I am.
> I flashed OM2008.12 but I can't keep it going. It boots, and after
> something like only 30 seconds it already blanks the screen and plays
> dead. Is there some setting I can adjust quickly to keep it working?
>
> Paul

Home in Perth!