[debian] navit: rendering is slow

Fox Mulder Quakeman1 at gmx.net
Mon Jan 5 12:00:17 CET 2009

KaZeR wrote:
> Hi there,
>
>> But the problem is that the map is veeeeeeeery slow in 3D
>> mode. I tried it on my pc first and it needed ~5s to drag the
>> map from A to B. I think the problem is that in 3D mode navit
>> still shows all items on the map which results in overfilling
>> at the horizon. I attached a screenshot from my pc which
>> shows the problem.
>>

> Don't forget that 3D support is really new, and still alpha ;)
> There are probably a lot of optimizations that can be done, and will be in
> the next days.

Thats nice to hear.
Than i would suggest as one big imprrovement to implement a configurable
viewdistance for different things in 3D mode. So we can select to which
distance the items on the map like fuel stations, churches, etc are
shown. And also the longest distance to show the map itself would be
helpfull.

Keep up the really good work. :)

Ciao,
     Rainer