Database applications practical on mobile device ?

Al Johnson openmoko at
Mon Jan 5 14:51:02 CET 2009

On Monday 05 January 2009, lollisoft wrote:
> Hi,
> I like to ask if anyone is wishing to have some database applications on
> their phone.
> Or would it practical on such a small device ?
> I am a developer of an rapid database prototyper capable of generating any
> source code
> when prototyping is finished. Thus it will save a lot time when having
> templates.
> It's based on wxWidgets and I have seen these libraries on my FR some time
> ago.
> Thanks
> Lothar

I'm sure people would find something to do with an app a bit like the Data app
from the Psion 5, or even something more fully featured. It should be
perfectly practical both from a power and GUI point of view. sqlite already
runs on the OM, and is extensively used in qtopia/QtExtended.