Car Charger?

Al Johnson openmoko at mazikeen.demon.co.uk
Mon Jan 5 16:15:18 CET 2009

On Monday 05 January 2009, Rui Miguel Silva Seabra wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 05, 2009 at 02:40:34PM +0000, Vasco Névoa wrote:
> > I bought a "Trust" car lighter adapter (5V/1A) with its own cable, and
> > it doesn't charge the freerunner.
>
> Shouldn't it have to be 2A ?
>
> Rui

That depends on what you're going to do with it. The phone itself won't draw
more than 1A but if the phone is charging while in host mode the charger may
need to supply 0.5A to the USB device(s) too.

Note that as the chargers are unlikely to have the 47k resistor on the ID pin
you will probably have to set the charge rate to 500mA or 1A as explained in
the wiki:

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Forcing_fast_charge_mode