Strength int to bar conversion

Rui Miguel Silva Seabra rms at 1407.org
Mon Jan 5 16:41:03 CET 2009

On Mon, Jan 05, 2009 at 04:06:24PM +0100, Michele Renda wrote:
> On 05/01/2009 15:54, Rui Miguel Silva Seabra wrote:
> > If it's a 4 bar system, shouldn't you try to use values close to steps
> > of 25 ?
> I was thinking this too, but the problem in real life is that bar are
> more linked to the quality of conversation, than to a proportional
> correlation with the strength of the signal.
>
> I explain: let suppose that I have strenght = 26, i have 2 bar. but is
> possible that with strenght 26 I can make a normal conversation, so the
> person can say that the bar are wrong.
>
> In my city is difficult to see the strength < 80.

If you only look at signal strenght, yes. But you should also take
signal noise in consideration.

You can have 100% signal strength and still not hear anything useful due
to noise... much less make/receive calls.

Rui

--
Hail Eris!
Today is Setting Orange, the 5th day of Chaos in the YOLD 3175
+ So let's do it...?