Zhone frequent wake

Dylan Reilly dreilly at atariland.net
Mon Jan 5 17:27:12 CET 2009

If I understand correctly, you are suggesting that zhone may not
correctly be intercepting the GSM activity so the calls are floating
up where they are causing the device to wake?

I am using the zhone that is in the 2008.12 testing repository [1] but
I have also tried the one from FSO unstable.

Zhone is not invoking device sleep. I will either let the blank/off
timeout (as set through illume) occur or hit the power button which
immediately invokes sleep through the framework. Therefore, I do not
understand why it would be necessary to change the way suspend is
activated as I think you may be suggesting.

[1] 0.0.0+gitr146+11392b1d2ee3a0622dc324e1805699e4301249c4-r9

On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 11:11 AM, arne anka <openmoko at ginguppin.de> wrote:
>> to determine is why the device wakes on GSM state changes when zhone
>
> zhone (or rather fso) seems not to catch these acvtivities resp does not
> send the at commands to make the fr ignore those.
> which zhone/fso are you using?
> i posted the four commands making 2007.2 sleep well so you might find them
> in the archives. if you look further for frameworkd and suspend (or grep
> for "apm -s" in the fso sources) you should be able to find where you
> could insert these commands.
>
> but i am still wondering why you sse that, i do not -- and i had the
> issues with 2007.2 in exact the same locations i use the fr with
> debian/fso now.
>
>> is running but not when qtopia is handling GSM activity.
>
> i got the necessary commands from the qtopia sources :-)

Dylan Maxwell Reilly