When will kernel 2.6.24 be replaced by andy 2.6.28 kernel for better suspend/resume?

Sander van Grieken sander at 3v8.net
Mon Jan 5 19:34:01 CET 2009

On Monday 05 January 2009 15:29:54 Fox Mulder wrote:
> David Garabana Barro wrote:
> > On Monday 05 January 2009 14:45:26 Fox Mulder wrote:
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> many mails i read in the kernel mailing list show that newer patches
> >> should only be applied to andy-tracking kernel and no more to the old
> >> 2.6.24 om kernel.
> >
> > I forgot to say
> >
> > Please, try it and let us know if it solves also your problems. :)
>
> You mean i should try the "never deep sleep" thing?
>
> If you give me a hint how to activate this feature i will try it. But i
> have to say that most times i tried suspend zhone was not running and
> therefore my gsm wasn't activated.

I see the same behaviour: suspend just after resume works, but if the FR is
suspended for a longer time it does not always resume and the screen stays
black.

I have no SIM inserted so it should not be a Calypso problem.

I was looking at the WSOD bug thinking it might manifest itself differently
because I have no SIM, but I still have to check if ssh-ing works when this
occurs.

> So the question is, when will the default kernel be replaced by the new
> 2.6.28 andy kernel so that userspace tools could be adapted to it?

That would be my question as well.

I only care for userspace to be adapted to test the suspend/resume
functionality (on FSO, only frameworkd?).

If one of the devs could give some pointers on what should change I can have a
go at it :)

grtz,
Sander