Developers guide for dummies - Eclipse

Robin Häggqvist robin.haggqvist at
Tue Jan 6 11:08:35 CET 2009

I might start with that I don't have much developer experience(some
java/Pascal class in school a few years ago) and im trying to setup eclipse
on my ubuntu8.10 machine. I think I have installed it in 3 diffrent
places(first 3.2 version second 3.4.4 version and one 3.4.1 with C/C++
platform). Maybe not too good but there it is.

Im having problem setting it up. Im told to do:
create the managed C project and add `pkg-config --cflags --libs gtk+-2.0`
both to the compiler options and to linker flags.

and follow the 8 steps on the same page.

I have no ide what the compiler options are or what linker flags are.  My
window looks like this.( )
( )
Did I start on the wrong end here?
Did I skip anything important since im a dummie and are starting from 0 as a
developer. should I start somewhere else?

/Robin Häggqvist

Robin recommends: * * * * * * or